»

December 31, 2007

Lucky Me!

So....I'm not one to Blog often, but I'm fighting to stay awake at work in the middle of the night with patients sleeping soundly, nows the perfect time. ( Ok, I'm not that sleepy, my patients are in safe supervision) Life has been busy with family events, holiday parties, setting up house, and work keep our schedule full. I hope that soon it will slow down just a little bit. Brett and I have offically been married 4 weeks! Wow, does time fly! So this blog is a "Ode to Brett" 10 reasons why I love Brett.

1) He lets me sleep till my "eyeballs wake up" and my nose awakens to the aroma of a hot breakfast awaiting for me.
2) He treats me like a queen... Opens my door, warms up my car, clears the snow off my windshield, takes me to Jazz games, loves to help me cook dinner, will fold the laundry etc....
3) He tries to sing me songs..... even if he is out of tone, off pitch, or sings the wrong words... I still love it.
4) He'll hang out with me and my 6 sisters for hours.
5) He'll play Dr. Mario till the early hours of the morning. (I should have never taught him mad Dr. Mario skills, because now he is my competition)
6) He loves the outdoors and realizes how much joy it brings into my life to go camping, snowshoeing, stargazing, hiking, and biking.
7) He's always the driver and I'm always the passenger that falls asleep.
8) He brings me dinner to work at night or comes just to keep me company during my break.
9) He is my best friend and gets to hear about all my worries and frustrations, and somehow he always knows just what to say at the perfect time.
10) He is the perfect eternal companion.

I feel so lucky to be married to my perfect match! To friends and family thanks for all your support and love over the past 4 weeks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey my night owl.. what a wonderful tribute to a wonderful young man and son in law... I am so pleased to read of the kindness shown to a beautiful young bride. I am sure that you are equally as kind and good to Brett. I am sure that you tell him of your appreciation and love every day... men can never hear it too much... Enjoy the eternal ride... sometimes there will be bumps in the road, but they make life interesting. Love you both... Papa Martinez

Dani said...

Dyana-
I'm not surprised that Brett is the perfect husband, I always knew he would be sooo good to his future wife (you!). And Brett- Congrats on the wedding!! I'm so happy you found us, keep in touch!

Dani (and Kurt)

Nate said...

No way Dyana, those are the EXACT same things I loved about Brett as a roomie!! crazy stuff. Congratulations you two!!
Nate B

Jill said...

Wow,
By my 4th week of marriage I had already had fights over which toothpaste to buy, where to get groceries, how the toilet paper should dispense from the roll, and whether we should have frozen pizza's or a 20 lb box of nachos/chips for dinner. Brett, you are making the rest of american men (er....Hall men) look bad!

Dy-I am happy for you!

Hugs and loves,

JILLY

Marcy said...

That is so cute! You two are just the cutest! (i wish i lived closer so that i could have someone to play Dr. Mario with me!!)

Anyway, love the blog and thanks for the invite. it is such a great way to keep in touch.

Marcy

Nettie Martin said...

5 weeks now? Where has time gone? CRAZY! I'm glad you still come hang out with you 6 sisters? Dy- news flash. . . you have 5 sisters. . . not 6 =)

Love ya!

Katey said...

Hi Dy! I found out you guys had a blog and I hope you don't mind me reading it. I also linked your blog on my blog. (katey-k.blogspot.com) Hope that's ok. :)

I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you in married life. You guys sure are great for each other and I'm glad you're happy. I sure hope I can find someone with a similar top ten soonner than later! ;)