»

June 21, 2009

We need your help!

Less than four months until we will be parents and we need to still buy some baby clothes, furniture, diapers, and a lot more...but we need your help with something more important...a name. Okay, so we still have plenty of time, but we thought we would get some of your opinions on some of the names we are stuck on. Who knows, maybe something completely different will come to us later, but it will be fun. Leave other suggestions with a comment if you have a good name.

Here are some quick thoughts as to why we like each of these names. Brett likes to bring up this subject, but we really haven't put too much time into it. When he is born we may completely change our mind, but we thought this would be fun to blog about.

Bracken: We would name him Bracken Carl using Bracken from Brett's maternal grandparents and Carl from three generations on the Valdez side. He would also copy his dad's nickname in BC. We like that it is unique but not crazy.

Brady: Brady Martin would be named after Dy's paternal grandparents (Brady) and her maiden name. It really is a name we like with the added perk of having family ties.

Carson: This has always been a top choice for the two of us. Carl would be the middle name with this as well.

Ian: This is a little bit of a newer name on our list that we have grown to like.

Jackson: This is one that keeps moving around our top ten or so. Brett really likes the nickname Jack, but Dy prefers the full name. Either way, we like this option as well.

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

I love the name Brady and want to have a little Brady one day so maybe I should vote for something else. I like Bracken a lot too.

Jill said...

Tops: Ian, then Brady, then Jackson, then Carson.

You know I have always loved the name Ian. It was tops on my list for Ethan But, that being said, I really like the sound of Brady Valdez. Sounds like a tough and fun kid. I hadn't heard you liked that name. Pretty cool.

Janey said...

My vote is for Brady. I too like the sound of Brady Valdez. Mark won't let us use the name Brady, so he may have a different opinion.

I'm pretty sure there will be 5 Jackson's in every class for the next ten years.

-Janey

Nettie Martin said...

I was all for Bracken until you said Brady this weekend. I like it a lot- but I don't love Martin as the middle name... I don't know why- but it just sounds like two last names and not a middle name? Anyone else think this? Any who...Brady, Bracken, Jackson, Ian, Carson. There's my vote. . . it may change next week.

Anonymous said...

You guys have to go with Carson. Since being around Brett for awhile he and I would always talk about who was going to name there boy Carson. Love that one.

Mark

Karen said...

Brady Martin for sure. It's a little less popular than the others right now. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I like Bracken Carl, since my middle name and Brett's middle name is Carl, with my dad's name being Carlos. With Bracken being Diane's maiden name and the 'BC' initials, I am leaning that way.

But whatever you choose, I'm sure he will be loved by all. Good luck with your decision.

Marcy said...

oh--so many good choices!! I always like to add some kind of family name in there-so i choose any of those. good luck you guys!